Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday 11-21

On this day before Thanksgiving, I would like to list the things that I am most thankful for. Let's not forget that's actually what tomorrow is all about--not football, food or sale flyers.

I am thankful for a beautiful and understanding wife. She has to put up with a lot being married to me. Early hours, late nights, me hardly being home, my total ineptitude when it comes to using power tools or assembling items. Thank goodness I can cook--or she wouldn't be getting much from my half of the marriage.

I am thankful for the many freedoms we enjoy in this country. The freedom to come here on the radio and tell you what idiots are political leaders are--or how the Cowboys are going to beat down the Packers next Thursday--without fear of retribution from the government or overzealous fans.

I am thankful for the abundance of staples available in our society. We take for granted how easy it is to get food or gasoline here. Not everybody can get in the car--drive two minutes and get those necessities. Plus, America's poor are the richest "poor" in the world.

I am thankful for the cheap beer in this state. I was in Minnesota over the weekend and it reminded me how good we have it here. Plus their beer is that three-point-two junk.

I am thankful for the people serving everywhere to keep me safe and free. There are a lot of troops that won't be spending Thanksgiving with their families--while I will. There will be plenty of police officers and firemen missing dinner with their families as well. Thanks guys and gals.

And finally i would like to thank you the listerners of WOSH. It is your support that keeps me employed--and able to enjoy many of the benefits I mentioned before. Enjoy your Thanksgiving day--and give some thought to what you are thankful for this year.

2 comments:

  1. "Plus, America's poor are the richest "poor" in the world."

    This is not true. The US has the highest rate of child poverty of any country in the Western World. Some of our cities have infant mortality rates that rival African countries.

    We like say we have the best or are the richest, but it is not true.

    Have a good Thanksgiving and thanks for your work on WOSH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote:

    The freedom to come here on the radio and tell you what idiots are political leaders are

    I expect more care from a journalist... I hope you actually know what the error is...

    ReplyDelete