Wednesday, November 7, 2012

We'll Still Be Here When You Are Ready

Hey voters, Fiscal Conservative guy here.  Sorry I didn't convince you of the mounting dangers facing our country right now.   I know that you got distracted by a lot of other things the last few weeks, like whether rape is "God's Plan", who should be allowed to marry whom, and what celebrities thought about the election.  But don't worry, I'll keep hanging around trying to convince you what is really important around here.

I know you don't want me in your life right now.  You made that clear yesterday.  You want free birth control pills, free day care, free college tuition, free health care, and free prescription drugs.  You want more food stamps, more unemployment benefits, more homeless shelters and more high speed trains.  You also want less religion in your politics (can't blame you for that one) and you want to smoke pot without the cops hassling you.

And most of all--you want someone else to pay for all of that.  I enjoy a good challenge, but unfortunately I and my hard-working brethren aren't going to be pick up the tab.  I know you were promised that the "rich" were going to foot the bill--but they can only cover about 10% of the added spending going forward.  So that doesn't really leave us a lot of alternatives.  And let's stop trying to ignore the 17-trillion pound elephant that was already in the room--and is apparently going to be eating well for at least the next two years.

So celebrate in the streets just like the voters in Greece, Spain, Ireland and Portugal have in the past.  Those of us keeping an eye on the money will sit quietly over here in the corner until you are ready to ask for our help.

No comments:

Post a Comment